Who is eligible for ARTiculate Our Rights?*
- Students in Grades 9 to 12 (ages 13 to 19)
- Students under the age of 18 must submit a parent/legal guardian consent form with their online submission.
- Individual or group submissions welcome
- Must be residents of Manitoba
- Must be original artworks that reflect a youth perspective on the topic of human rights in the future
- Original artworks can be created in any medium except film or video but must be submitted in the form of a high-quality digital photograph.
*Publishers, galleries, agents and collectors are not eligible to submit entries.
What do I need to submit?
- The submission must include a short, written description about the artwork and how it fits the theme (maximum 100 words).
Digital images of the artworks:
- Can be a maximum dimension of 17 inches wide by 12 inches tall at 300 dpi (the higher the resolution, the better the image will appear when reproduced in a large-scale format)
- Must have a horizontal orientation (meaning that it is wider than it is tall).
- Must be submitted as JPG, JPEG, TIFF, PDF or EPS
- Must be no larger than 400 MB
- Must include the artist’s first and last name in the file name (e.g.: johndoe_studentwork.jpg)
Submissions that do not meet these technical requirements will be disqualified.
Who retains the rights to the artwork?
The artists and/or groups of artists will retain the rights to the artwork. However, submitting an entry grants the Museum a license to use the artwork in perpetuity.